Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

And the seeds are started!

Last year was our first try at a garden, mine EVER, and dh's on his own (away from home). Since I was managing most of it once the seeds were in the ground (he handled all that for me.... super guy) it didn't do to well :( Only our okra really grew though we planted all kinds of stuff. So this year I searched out a friend who had some more experience since I'm a better hands on learner ;) Well she came over yesterday and helped us start our seeds in a seed starter. We started 2 types of tomatoes, broccoli, squash, pumpkins, green beans, lima beans, 2 types of onions, chives, basil, cucumbers, watermelon, cantaloupe, okra.........I think that's all but I don't have a list in front of me :) So here they are, and I'm told at varying times over the next 3 weeks they'll be ready to go into the ground. Also we'll add corn, another type of onion, and carrots that don't transplant well or crow further down than seed trays would allow ;)




2 comments:

S. said...

Gooood luck. I'm an inveterate plant killer, and I'm going to try to have a garden this year, but I'm not brave enough to start my own seeds. I'll be curious to see how yours do!

Anonymous said...

So cool! I can't wait until we get ours started but we are really hesitant now that we are waiting on the "will we go or will we stay" decision. *sigh*