Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 22, 2010

A refashion


So I've been all over these hair flowers and a friend from church who's noticed asked if I wanted a necklace of hers that had broken to use for flowers or whatever. She showed it to me ...
and I explained to her that I could easily fix the clip or replace the ribbon if she'd rather have the necklace back. She said really she'd just like a hair flower made out of the flower on the necklace but with a little more added to it :) So I got to work looking around....
and I found an old scarf from Lerner New York from when I was in high school! Way out of style now, but lovely print ;)
 So I cut out some circles and used a lighter to seal the edges and cause the curling. (I think I ended up doing about 7.)
 Next you fold the circle in half...
 Then fold again, not quite in half but about 2/3 so it gives it some pretty body. I didn't show this step but I just began hand sewing each one on until it was as full as I wanted it and I got the finished result :)
Then you just add a piece of stiff felt on the bottom and add your alligator clip or pin, which ever you desire. Easy peasy :) I also went ahead and fixed the necklace and made my own flower to attach to it.....

 and it's a scrappy flower made from the scraps after I cut the circles out.


No comments: