Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 13, 2008

.......and the garden takes shape!

Well, we've been slowly preparing for our first garden.....deciding what to plant, buying seeds, clearing the area in the yard. Then finally this weekend came the time to do the tilling and getting the rows ready to plant.


The older kids were helping alot while the younger two were back and forth playing and "helping". Micah was to cute, we were picking out the weeds and grass roots and he just saw us throwing chunks, so he came over to pick up dirt chunks and carry them off ;)

Brianna was hard at work picking out all the weeds.

Dad took the oppurtunity to talk a little about seedtime and harvest and how this should all work.
Caleb had long since lost interest..........until the camera came out! Then he wanted back in for some pics :)
Micah was trying to pick up a garden hoe to help too....
So when all was said and done we got corn, cantaloupe, green beans, watermelon, lettuce, onion, okra, chives, basil, and carrots. We still have to get the strawberries and tomatoes in but we're supposed to get some nighttime frosts over the next couple nights so we'll hold off a bit longer for those. Now here's to hoping it grows and animals don't eat the better part of the harvest. So now we just need some goats and a cow!!! LOL Who would have ever guessed *I* would be the country girl..............


3 comments:

liesel said...

What an awesome family you are!!! I would love to have a garden. This week is crazy but if you want to schedule a get together next week maybe? My kids get home at 4, I know that is kinda late, maybe Micah naps in the afternoon still. My email is charissaurban@yahoo.com. It has been forever since I've seen you! I'd love to catch up.

mom2four said...

I sent you an email about getting together, forgot to add my phone number so email me back :)

liesel said...

Tricia, I lost your email! We are free Tues and Thurs next week. Is that what you said? So pick a day and come on over. You can come earlier but no kids will be here except Hope. Or wait until 4 so the kids can play. Let me know.